The Cat's Meow

The absurd world through the eyes of a cat...one who occasionally grumbles...

3.13.2005

So here's a funny experience.
I drive a friend to the airport. She desperately needs to get out of state, though she admits to me that she loves the state we're in. There is snow, which may delay her flight, and there is worry on her part that the trip might not go well. I assure her it would. We get to the airport, amid flurries, and she gets her stuff and leaves.
I get back into the car.
"Blue eyed devil" is what the song says to me. Then I think of her, but then I start to think, wait, did she have blue eyes? Crap. This'll be bugging me for weeks. 2 weeks, actually, but still, it's funny how you get stuck on a little detail. In my pondering about eye colour, and applying it to the last woman I saw, I realized that the song sort of can apply to her, not in the "I'm on smack" sense, but in this other one:"The devil lapsed out in a pool of sun". So to that tall blonde lady that went to the airport, I hope you have a good trip, and fun, too.

-ccm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home