The Cat's Meow

The absurd world through the eyes of a cat...one who occasionally grumbles...

5.05.2005

"Got no wife, got no children
got no mortgage on a house
only have to buy a pot of tea
for me and the door mouse.
Thank the lord, thank the lord
thank the lord, thank the lord
thank the lord I'm free"
-"Thank the Lord", Drink Me


So I was thinking how far I have come on this journey called life, and how far i have yet to go.
Tonight is this thing called Fishbowl here. They (the college) lock us (students) in the college center and give us alcohol. At about 4 am they goad us into running across campus naked. Gotta love it.

This is an event that is marked as for seniors only. Makes me realize just how much time has passed by here, and how soon I will be leaving here. I have a scant amount of time left here, which really bothers me in some way. I got my cap and gown yesterday, which sort of nailed the finality of my situation into my skull.

On sort of an odd note, I realized that around this time I would have been thinking of something to buy my ex for her birthday. It's sort of funny, but those days seem so long ago, and in fact, they were. It's sort of interesting when you realize how quickly life is passing by. School seemed to take a while, but no time at all. I have trouble remembering what happened in what year. Very interesting.

But you can't live in that, so here's to the present and the future, and getting rip roaring rowdy and having a good time while I can.

-ccm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home