The Cat's Meow

The absurd world through the eyes of a cat...one who occasionally grumbles...

5.17.2005

Tim had the idea for a summer of pointless self improvement and betterment. I like this idea. If I end up selling antiques or glasses this summer, it matters little, really. Here are the things that I would like to do:
1) Get good at the keyboard/piano, or better at the very least
2) write a few things of substance, over 40 pages
3) start taking photos for fun
4) drive out west, and not in that symbolic "death" sort of way
5) read some books
6) to go with 1, learn something more about musical theory. We all need a hobby...
7) have fun
8) cook
9)
10) profit

i think that's a pretty ok list of things to do after college. I hope that I get a cool job after the pointless summer of working, and I hope that it is in some location that i really enjoy.

On another note, I think I finally learned what kind of music i like, and i intend to get as much of it as possible.

I really am at a loss, I mean, there's no more school at all, unless I go to grad school. Maybe law school down the line, for shits and giggles, or something. I can't wrap my head around this, and the fact that I'm not coming back to ConnColl as a student anymore. I mean, this place will suddenly be very foreign to me when I come back next year to visit. I'll know a good amount of people, but there'll be that gap, that feeling that this isn't your place anymore.

On another note, I own a bowling ball now. It's 13 lbs. and red, black, and a little gold. It's drilled to my hand, and boy does that thing fly down the alley. I've been in a league all semester, and this is the payoff. When Manc and I went to get our balls this past Sunday, we had a little talk with the two people behind the counter. It went like this:

Manc: "We're graduating from college next sunday, do you think we could get our balls tonight?"

Employee: "Sure thing. Congrats. What did you guys major in?"

Manc: "Art"
Me: "Anthropology"

Employee: "You went to Connecticut College and got and Art and Anthro degree? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

There was part of me that wanted to make a joke that we'd end up working in a bowling alley with those degrees, but I felt they wouldn't have gotten a kick out of that...oh well.

still, I'm done, and I've the rest of my life ahead of me ;-D

;-D

-ccm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home