The Cat's Meow

The absurd world through the eyes of a cat...one who occasionally grumbles...

5.20.2005

It's early in the morning on the last friday of my college career.
I can't remember how to spell that word, the last one.
I feel really out of it.
I slept for about 2 hours.
I have pink toenails.

How did I end up this way? The night began promisingly enough. Not really. Tim left. Tim's one of my closest friends here and anywhere, and suddenly it hit me that I will never see him again as a student. When he left, I suddenly got very out of it. What did I do? What ever college student does, and that is drink.

Posner and myself pregamed the senior dance event starting at about 8.30. Drinking games and hard alcohol make strange bedfellows, it would seem, and thanks to their synergy I was quite gone by the time I got to cro. I was actually asking where the hell I was, it was that bad, even though I knew where I was. It was quite...interesting.

So I spend a little time on the floor. We all do sometimes. I spent some time on the wall too, sort of just leaning there. So someone I think is awesome comes along, and we talk, and my friends goad me to follow her. I attempt to roll to my feel, but really just succeed in popping 3 very loud things in my neck. As a result, I have a really really sore neck, and a sort of floppy arm. That lasted a while. I then drunkenly (and in much pain!) tried to tell this person what I think of her, but I think that sort of just ended up being silly. I'm smooth like that, really I am.

So there I am, drunk and in pain, surrounded by friends and dozens of people I could give two shits about. I go with my friends to 7-11 and get a sandwich which I am looking at right now. I let it sit out way too long, and as such, it is quite nasty. Remember, the sitting out is after the fact that it's a convenie sandwich of the poorest quality. I'm not drunk now, not even buzzed, but I'm in no shape to eat that shit.

Then interesting things happened, and I end up here at a quarter to eight in the morning. I wonder what the hell they were. That's a lie. I know what happened, but I'm saving the story for after college, for some bar or something. It's just silly. My life, it seems, always takes a turn for the completely absurd at the very last minute.

What can I even say about anything? Nothing really, not yet. I just know that I'm sort of still awake, unable to sleep, and I think the day is going to kick the living shit out of me. I also need to clean my room and pack at some point. Yay.

"We run away but here we go, again...."

-ccm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home