The Cat's Meow

The absurd world through the eyes of a cat...one who occasionally grumbles...

9.28.2004

"It's important to practice good hygeine,
at least if you want to run with my team.
I'm about to get into some shit that I've seen"

Sitting.

It's 3:27 as I write this first line, which isn't the first line.
Class is at 2:30. I've got some time to kill.

So I've been thinking about the whole lady thing. Maybe I should follow the grand(e) advice that I recieved long ago from someone very small, but with a big spirit and good fashion sense, and befriend the ladies. It works out a lot better that way, and honestly, for someone like me, that's more of what I want.

Ass is nice. A relationship is better.

Ass. Ha.

But hey, form over function, so they say. I say that because I'm making very liberal usage of skipping lines here to suggest sarcasm and verbal pauses. Man, I'm just feeling funky like Del right now. So on to the day:

I convinced a girl to become an Anthropology major. It didn't take too much pushing, but she needed to meet someone who was really into it, and not a fairweather major. I love the stuff, and I hope she got that impression. I'm lending her some books to try and give her an idea of the more out there stuff she will encounter. No one really knows how out there it can get. I don't even, and I've been at this for a good 3.5 years, thanks to that high school class.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck your mom.

Now my blog is more foulmouthed than Caitlin's away messages.

Can you believe the language that she's begun to use? Who knew that girl knew all of those dirty words? Where has the wholesome Caitlin, who used to yell at Chris and myself for cursing, gone? Oh how the times have changed. Ever since she tried that crack cocaine, she just hasn't been the same.

Just kidding.
On second though...
ever wanted to get high?
No?
Lame.
Let's go get wasted?
Too low?
Go.
Class is in session.

What was that? Don't really know, just letting the thoughts flow out, much like I used to way back in the day, when I used to write. I've never been one to edit, to go back and reformulate my thoughts. I figure that the most emotion comes with the first iteration. The first thing that you say is what you really want to say, or else why would you say it? Why would one say it if one didn't think it, mean it? Never edit, it takes away the force that you want to convey. You can fix spelling, but don't change your thoughts and the intensity. That's where the powere really comes from, the intensity that you put into a work. Don't change into jargon either. Say what you want, and say it plainly. Why make up a word when you can just say what you want to say so that everyone can understand it? That's a problem Anthro had. They got so jargon heavy that the once large following of anthropology was scared off, and has never come back. Jargon is the death of popularity. It may take away meaning to some, but really, there are a thousand ways to skin a cat.

I prefer to do it with a knife though. Easier than with your teeth. That just tastes unpleasant.

out.


-ccm

(lyrics by Del tha Funkee Homosapien)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home