The Cat's Meow

The absurd world through the eyes of a cat...one who occasionally grumbles...

9.27.2004

"L A T E R that week"

Caitlin's away messages are getting more risque by the minute. Soon she'll be posting naked pictures of Freddy Funk and Tiger Woods.

That aside, today looks like it very may well just crush my soul. But I have a saving grace: java. The cup o' joe will save my day, keep me going, and let me conveniently crash when the time comes, later this night. Class in a half hour, and then paper time, then another class, a research outline to be constructed, and then another class. I hate Monday night thesis seminars. A lot.

But as tired as I am, I still have a drive. Not a big one, but it's something, and it'll help me keep going. I want to do some of this stuff, and the other stuff I can just suck it up for.

On a bright note, I said "hi" at the girl. My "hi" didn't connect, it would seem, skimming off of her starboard side and splashing harmlessly in the concrete near the library. Undaunted, I pressed on.

Ok, someone you like not returning a simple greeting is so depressing, but yet I find it wildly amusing. It must be the writer in me, but it just seems so soul shattering that it has to be funny. Call it a defence, but man, you don't sink lower than that.

I love a good story, or at least something that I can potentially recycle in a scene or a play. Wouldn't that little tidbit be great in something concerning the worst day ever? To quote the Kool Aid Man, "OH YEAH!"

(lyric from that "Steal my sunshine" song, I think it's by LFO or some 3 letter acronymn)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home