The Cat's Meow

The absurd world through the eyes of a cat...one who occasionally grumbles...

9.10.2004

"Couldn't say where she was coming from,
but I just met a lady named Dinah Moe Hum"

Right now I'm wearing a mask. Not a metaphorical one, but a mask of vanity. Once again, not being symbolic, but I am actually wearing a cosmetic oil cleaning skin clearing mask. I feel very...um...gay?

I don't mean that in a derogatory term, or anything, but it would be how the middle school me would describe this, or how my friends would. Yep. Liberal arts college. It'll do it to you. Haven't done this since I had a girlfriend. Suddenly I'm sort of conscious of my appearence, something which I have been pleasently ignoring as of late. Thinking of shaving the beard, and perhaps getting a haircut, or even more drastic, dying my hair. Would not be the first time, but it would be something indeed. Probably a good idea to cut it short THEN do that. That way it can grow out some, and look kind of funky. Or something.

Time to wash off the mask.

More vanity to come.

(lyrics from Frank Zappa)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home