The Cat's Meow

The absurd world through the eyes of a cat...one who occasionally grumbles...

7.11.2005

In a comical post script to my recent wanderlust:

I was out on an aimless drive, having a good time when a truck full of migrant workers slammed into the back of my car. This pushed me into the car in front of me, and stripped my car of a functional trunk. All that's really left is the frame and the chunks of styrofoam that kept me safe.

And my airbag, in spite of being hit by a really fast moving van, didn't go off. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing yet.

So I'm not going anywhere for a while, as I lack a car.

Grumble.

At least I'm ok, and everyone involved is...

-ccm

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im glad you're ok.
The reason your airbag didnt go off is because they only help when you get smacked in the front of the car, so that's where the air bad sensors are.

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry my friend, and so glad you are okay, I can commiserate too...my beloved Cadillac was rearended this summer as well, a month ago, by a huge SUV. They have just finished fixing it this afternoon, paint drying as we speak, as the women's insurance was slow to respond. Be sure that you have the insurance bit straightened out and make the rear enders PAY!!! I'd also be tempted to report them to the INS.

Airbags are astonishingly useless. In a previous accident with my old Crown Victoria, a women broadsided me with a brand new accord. Her airbag didnt go off either. I walked away, she was hospitalized. Hence my continued purchases of old, steel, American cars. :/


Take care, keep in touch

Owen K.

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home