The Cat's Meow

The absurd world through the eyes of a cat...one who occasionally grumbles...

7.26.2005

In spite of the inherent danger, I want something that rolls on two wheels and is motorized. I'm thinking a Vespa, if I end up in the city. That would rock. Secretly, I've always wanted one of those things. I just think they're really quite cool, in a classic sense. They aren't considered the most masculine of transports, but then again, I'm not considered the most masculine of men.

Can't play hockey for a bit thanks to my neck, which is apparently more messed up than it should be. The joints are really stiff, to the point where the lady in physical therapy is convinced that I had some previous injury to it. Sort of makes me wonder if I missed something along the way, like slamming my head into a wall or something...hmm. Kind of funny that, the stiffness. I never really noticed.

Speaking of hockey, the NHL is back. Thank fucking god. It's been far too long. They've changed some rules to make the game even faster, but still maintain the same form of the game. Combine that with some really hot draft prospects and this could be one hell of a season coming up. The best part is that as of now I'm stuck in Western Connecticut, which means I can watch Ranger games on TV, whenever they're on. Yeah unemployment!

I'm getting a job this week. One way or another.

My dreams of an Irish Wolfhound are dashed thanks to the fact that they need a lot of space. Makes sense when you're talking about a dog that grows at least 32 inches tall (at the shoulder) and 120 lbs (for males). I will have to think about a more apartment friendly dog. Also, I will have to think of an apartment.

Bowling tomorrow, like every Tuesday. It's nice to have a routine. I'm hoping that Liz'll come. She's fun to hang out with, and it would also break up the sausage fest that is Tuesday night bowling.

Saw Mike Doughty, Hot Hot Heat, and The Bravery this past week. Doughty is one of my favorite musicians, and seeing him with a band was just unreal. He's pretty much put together his old band, Soul Coughing, in terms of instruments. He's also really really good in a band, live, and not on a Dave Matthews-esque piece of shit album (thanks ATO).

His drummer also played hockey in Ridgefield rink, back when it had 3 walls and the ice used to fog up. He and I talked about this for a little bit, but it was one of those really awesome moments where you find you share a common experience with a total stranger. He's from Newtown, by the way.

Go Whalers!

-ccm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home