The Cat's Meow

The absurd world through the eyes of a cat...one who occasionally grumbles...

7.15.2005

A thing that bothers me greatly is that the community playhouse where i used to work has been taken over by a no talent hack who puts on shows that suck, yet make a lot of money. How do his shows make money? They have enormous casts, mostly made up of kids. This leads to the parents coming to see the shows over and over again, as well as aunts, uncles, and anyone else that can be dragged out of their family history books.

This guy basically has killed off a once beautiful source of theatrical entertainment, and to him, I say this: Shame on you. You have really hurt your community while only padding your own ego.

Of course, the playhouse lets him put on his shows. After all, they do value money more than art.

But anyway, I'm creative again. I think it may be my lack of stimulation combined with the pain meds I'm on, but lately I've been creative in all sorts of ways. I've started writing again, and while it hasn't been anything grand, it's a start. I also have started tinkering with stringed instruments, and like a high schooler I've written a sappy poppy song about love. How typical.

Tomorrow morning promises the "Midsummer Illegal Music Swap Fest and Champagne Brunch". It's my brother's idea. Myself and a few other people are going to get together, make pancakes, drink champagne, and swap music until the record companies shut us down or we run out of drinks...I feel as though both are very interesting prospects. After all, nothing beats a midday drunk on a weekday.

So here's to pill popping and pulls of the bubbly stuff.

-ccm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home