The Cat's Meow

The absurd world through the eyes of a cat...one who occasionally grumbles...

7.29.2005

Ok, after a week of lacking a cell, I have one again, so yay.

Actually was surprised how naked I felt without it. Not that I really use it all the much, but it's still something that you get used to. That and I needed to call people with it who I had no other way of talking to.

On another note, today I'm hitting up my cousin's wedding. It's a strange thing. I felt more attatchment to my friends' wedding than this one. In fact, I feel so removed from it that I have no desire to actually go at all. It's not that I'm not on good terms with them or anything, it's just that they're not really part of the closeknit family unit that we have. They're mother is kind of a nut, and sort of on the perpetual outs, and as a result I never really got to know these cousins. When they would show up at the house, they were standoffish and just sort of cold in the middle of about 23 other people having a good time, so it sort of put a damper on my desire to know them more.

So the end result is a wedding that I could care less about that I feel is more of a waste of an evening than a celebration. I'm just bitter, perhaps, but when you have to sit through an event that really doesn't affect you in the least, you tend to get bored. When you're forced to go to something that you don't care about, you get bitter, or a bit irked, as you could be using that time much, much more effectively. Even if it isn't effective, you could at least have a little fun with it.

Maybe I'm just bitter because this is a case of another young person being more together than me, maybe I'm jealous. I can't rule that out entirely. I do know, however, that it is not as much the fact that this person is together as it is the way her mother will rub it in my face, basically saying, "Ooooo your parents suck. My kid is soooooo much better than you." That's the part I'm not looking forward to in the very least, regardless of emotional attatchment or not.

On the bright side, someone is becoming very happy, and perhaps, if I'm truly lucky, there will be an open bar.

There's always someone that cries at a wedding. No one ever asks why they're crying. Maybe they're just really upset at something, or their shoes are very uncomfortable. Perhaps they just lost everything in the stock market, or they were sprayed with mace nary 20 minutes beforehand. Maybe they are happy. No one will ever know.

-ccm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home