The Cat's Meow

The absurd world through the eyes of a cat...one who occasionally grumbles...

12.31.2003

I had a nice day in the city, aside from aching feet and a pulled groin. On the train ride back I noticed something plastic and shining on the floor. It didn't look like anything substantial, just a laminated piece of paper really. On the paper was the following message:

In Loving Memory of
Michael Giacomo Bertolino
January 3, 1978
December 24, 2003

After Glow

I'd like the memory of me to be a happy one,
I'd Like to leave and afterglow of smiles when the day is done.
I'd like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways,
Of happy times and laughing times and bright sunny days.
I'd like the tears of those who grieve, to dry before the sun
Of happy memories that I leave behind when day is done.




That's what it was, a mass card for a man who died too young. I couldn't find anything about him online, and his life and cause of death remain a mystery. He could have been a saint, he could have been a sinner, but he is dead now, and I foud his card, the shiny plastic card. St. Michael the Archangel is on the flip side of it, striking a blow to satan and casting him into the depths of hell. Is that where he is? If you believe that stuff. Who knows. It is very odd that I found this card, very strange indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home