The Cat's Meow

The absurd world through the eyes of a cat...one who occasionally grumbles...

8.20.2004

"7 to 11 or 11 to 10,
the night is black, but the night is when
i see them,
the little green men"

Tonight I helped some people I know eat 100 wings. I was questioned about my shirt, which I have determined is the interior monolauge of Fidel Castro. The shirt is black with a relief of Castro with the caption, "Smoke a cigar or start a revolution?" The woman with the question was a cute girl who works at the Starbucks in Orange, Connecticut. She was about 5 foot 6 with brown hair, longer than shoulder length but drawn together into a sort of lopsided ponytail. She had a slender build, and a face to go with it. Her arms were languid, and her hands were like flowers wavering on a vine. She asked about the shirt, informing me that she did not get it. I told her my thoughts, that it is the interior dialogue of Castro, whether he should just smoke his cigar or start a revolution. She responded by telling me that she thought that the shirt was about Miles Davis, and that the caption didn't make sense for Mr. Davis, but it made sense for Fidel. I don't know about Miles, but Fidel is killer on the piano.

"Oh don't you see them?
Oh my dear,
don't you see?"

The wings are probably my last blast before my senior year of college begins. To celebrate the event, I got a new pair of Docs. The Docs, are Dr. Martens, boots. They are black and leather, with eight eyelets. They have a thinner sole than my last pair, which to me makes them infinitely more wearable, as they are more shoelike. I love them. I got a pair at the start of my freshman year, a pair that were wonderful, but they lacked the sole that I wanted. This pair are exactly what I was looking for, which is sort of how I'm feeling right now.

"I've got a brand new best friend...
come with me, come and see
come see the little green men.
Come with me, come and see"

This is exactly where I want to be right now. The year is about to start, and it is filled with nothing but promise and potential. I hope to have a great apartment with my friends, and to still keep in touch with my pals all across campus (as opposed to what I said in the pissed of post). I hope to kick ass on my thesis, and to get into a grad school, easily. That's really it. The other thing would be to get a girlfriend, preferably a very hot freshman with low or skewed standards (though let's face it, I'm hot). This way I would be covered on all fronts, and senior year would, in short, rock. I would also like to play the accordion in a band, pop or punk, either or.

Here's to rocking out the year, and to my political jacket.

"Oh don't you worry,
don't worry,
about me?"

(Lyrics from "Little Green Men" by Drink Me)
-ccm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home