The Cat's Meow

The absurd world through the eyes of a cat...one who occasionally grumbles...

11.02.2004

Bad Poetry Expo '04

Karma, carmex, what's the change
doesn't really matter, the world won't rearrange
but here's to hoping
and here's to wishing
that someday something good will come
from all of this missing


I've been keeping bad poetry alive since 1998 man, and now i'm going to compile my collected works that were published on poetry.com, here, because i'm kind of worried they will disappear, and i kind of liked some of them. BTW, my name is Topher Zanizibar, on that thing. That was a combined effort of myself and Shannon trying to come up with the most pretentious play on my name. So here it goes:

Boom

Boom.
A noise
it's loud.
it makes you look towards it
it is a distraction.
it is a pretty explosion
Boom.
people die
you look at it, very happy.
"Damn, that fireball had some pretty colors."
We are sick.

Show me an explosion
that does not grab attention.
Show me a French Film.

Wait.

They are boring.
I want Bruce Willis.

Party!

Dance all night!
it was a party;
but you weren't there.
did I mind?
No.
did you?
No.
So what is the problem?
There is none.
We go on with our lives.
We live without rhyme,
but you persist,
you make me ill.
Why don't you just die.

You just did?
Over the phone?
Well then,
that saves me a trip.

The other thing

The funny thing
is
the other thing

The other thing is
that thing
that bothers me quite
a bit

It is sad
what people do
to spite others.
I hate them for it
they do it
and they hurt others.

Do us a favor;
hurt yourself.
Get out of the way,
and let us live

This

I'm thinking of you
In my head
I'm seeing you
With my eyes
I'm loving you
with my soul

Together now
we're standing alone
looking to our future
remembering your past
together, now.


What can we learn from those? Well, basically that I had some issues in high school, and was dealing with someone who was a total dick. It's always funny to look back on those attempts at creativity, and see how my gaze has changed since then. I really miss that kind of writing though.

-ccm


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home