The Cat's Meow

The absurd world through the eyes of a cat...one who occasionally grumbles...

11.20.2004

I am happy
My ankle hurts, sort of worrisome that. Sneaking around on an island across from a naval sub base will do that to you. They sent a patrol boat after us, spying our activities. We tried to find the path, but all we found was a forest of thorns, scattered across the island, the higher we went the more painful it was.

We evaded the boat though. We made it back in mostly one collective piece, though many of us had cuts from the thorns. My ankle hurt. Ow.

The lights of Cro were welcoming. The reason that the thorns were a problem, in all honesty, was that it was quite night time then. Dark. The lights from the sub base were helpful, but only on one side of the island. We were quite blind for the most part.

Adam lost his hat and broke his stick, but by god, can that boy act.
Beer and Skittles, contrary to what Homer may think, is not a good combination.
Wine and Cheese.

That was my day, in a nutshell.

I like how random life is, and all the wonderful people that inhabit the realm.

I adventure now. So do many folks. It really is nice. Late night hikes in the woods with 8 close friends is wonderful, if a little cold and thorny at times.

God, why am I so happy? I had a dream that my Aunt Lina was going to die. She was at the top of a cliff, on the edge, teatering between love and grief. She's blind, in failing health, all realities that made it into the dream. She was standing on her own, strong, with dignity, but confused. She was grasping for surfaces. I saw her up there. I had on sunglasses, not mine, but ones i always wanted to wear, Oakleys or something...non perscription. She was there, and i was yelling. Why wasn't anyone with her? Why was she alone? Why? She can't stay up there! She can't live on her own! My god! Someone help her!

So I started to climb. I did so frantically, without concern. I broke nails, I clawed, I pushed myself, but as hard as I tried, I couldn't get anywhere. I was stuck a scant few feet from the ground when she fell, flew. She wasn't graceful in the air, like people are supposed to be, like I imagine them in my waking hours. She fell quickly, and when she hit there was a thud, a wet one. Not wet. No. It sounded like it should be, but it was dusty as well, just an unpleasant sound.

And all I could do was just cling to that wall, that cold stone wall. Grey were the rocks, and they gave me nothing but blood and broken nails. I screamed to her, anguish in my voice, just watching her plummet was torment enough, but the impact stuck with me. Such an immensely disturbing thing to see. When I closed my mouth, I was empty.

Then I woke up.

-ccm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home