The Cat's Meow

The absurd world through the eyes of a cat...one who occasionally grumbles...

11.05.2004

The week went by, mostly without incident, but with much moping and depression on my part.

Funny how I can say that, considering our country is now damned with that fool in the big office for another 4 years. Good bye anything that is vaguely considered liberal. Good bye Roe v. Wade, and hell who knows, maybe even Brown v. Board of Ed. Why not, right? Yee haw. Man, I was really pissed about the election. I love how people are so moral and right, how they oppose the marraige of gay men, vote against it, but in doing so are shooting their kids in the heads. Who needs anything good domestically when we can just go around the world and blow shit up! Yippy kay yay motherfucker!

Enough. Can't change it, but I can eventually get the hell out of dodge if things start going downhill. The rats aren't the ones that drown when the ship's going down.

On another front, my life was in a funk for a while, and then I decided something. I took a walk with Tim. We wandered the campus in the intense cold, and smoked Cuban cigars. Literally. It's my favorite way to clear my mind. A cloud of smoke carries with it a world of worries, exhaled into the air, wandering the atmosphere, dispersing in all directions with a wafty intent. The release is much needed. Tim and I talk, smoke, and get cold, but then warm again. We both do not smoke, in reality, only on rare occasions when we take walks together. In our little slice of Havanna we find peace, and calm, and a sense of well being. We talk about the future, the past, anger, love, and all those things that ever existed in between. We talk about the present.

In the singular moment of my history that was that walk, I could not say I was happier. Just a calm that I lacked for a long time came back over me, and I was able to function again. Today, nothing has gotten to me. My bumper got a scratch on it...it didn't bother me in the least. I ran in the rain, fell down, twisted my ankle (which never gets better) and soaked a shirt, sweater, 2 socks, 2 shoes, and my pants. I was laughing, when i wasn't hobbling. There's that absurdist glow that I missed so much. Somehow it just feels right again.

Though she most likely does not read this, I would like to thank Kristen for wrapping my ankle. It really helped, and I'm sure it will be better off in the future, thanks to her great care. You rule, totally and completely, and are the best housefellow ever.

song lyric time:
Bells ringing lights flicker
old girlfriends good liquor
hold my hand
all through the night
drunk on the train to Chicago
I feel alright

-ccm
(mike doughty lyrics, hand typed...he's getting signed to ATO Records, Dave Matthew's label...hopefully he stays awesome)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home