The Cat's Meow

The absurd world through the eyes of a cat...one who occasionally grumbles...

11.28.2004

Sky Claire and the Pie of Tomorrow

is that really the ultimate band name? I don't know, but it's damn catchy.

So I went to this party with John in Danbury. Preface: we had been at Uno's in Fairfield before this, eating pizza and gaining alcoholic drinks for consumptionl. So we went to this party, and by god there must have been fifty people there. It was in an apartment, and to someone like me, this was the largest social gathering that I had been to where two things were going on. The first thing would be that I was drinking, a recent development in my personality, i had my own hip flask of Jagermeister, 2 red bulls, and a keg to keep me warm. The second thing is that aside from my friend John, I knew absolutely no one. Well, that's not true. There was this kid Patrick there, but he was from so far in the past that it really didn't matter. But back to the point, this was a huge party. Beer pong. Pumping the keg. Cold attics. All of that stuff was around and there. People were smoking all sorts of things, something new to witness for one so sheltered as myself, but not really that new. The cat of nine tails made a showing, minus 1, as did a paddle.

It was a strange night indeed.

We walked through a drive through, we drank, I made some new friends, and now if I ever need a place to crash in Danbury, I have a connection. Also met this girl named Bridget who works for a marketing consultant firm that loves hiring liberal arts students who focus in the social sciences. Score. I got her info. I'm such a coporate whore.

What followed after that night was what I can honestly call my first real hangover. Lack of sleep and lots of booze will just totally ruin a day, and I slept for the better part of the Tag. Was a waste of a Saturday, but a good waste. I like my bed.

After that, there was turkey at Tim's house, the 3rd fresh turkey dinner this week, and then risk. I lost, as per usual, and shocked tim with my readiness to turn my back on an alliance if the situation benefitted me.

Man, i thought that kid knew me.

But it was all good. I had a good little break, free from worry, full of clean clothes, accordions, movies, and reading. Relaxing like a massage, which I am always ready to kill for. I do not look forward to going back to school to work. I look forward to the people and the promise that they bring. People are awesome, and they really do brighten my day. Unless I'm hungover. Then they can go fuck themselves.

There's a storm brewing outside, and it only foreshadow's the week ahead and the work that it brings.

-chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home