The Cat's Meow

The absurd world through the eyes of a cat...one who occasionally grumbles...

11.26.2004

You've been hit by, you've been struck by a smooth criminal

When I was younger that was one of my favorite songs. I saw the video for it. It had Jackson dancing through a speak easy, dazzling the ladies, taking on the toughs, and just being badass. It culminated with an impossible lean, on his part. he lead the masses, and they followed him in this lean. Though Jackson may have fallen, the rest of us are straightening out from that precarious position.

Turkey day. I've had 2. The first one was this past sunday, where myself and my apartment mates, with help, prepared a dinner for 15 good friends. It was fun, though i really feel bad. People got invited, people got left off. I hate that about social events. There is always someone left out of the equation. Hate that. And it's never the right people.

The first day centered around food,and 18 lbs of turkey, which was well prepared thanks to myself and brian. We did a good job, even though there were some underdone parts, but it was good, juicy, and tasty. People liked it. They ate all the sides, they ate the pasta (seasoned baked ziti) that was brought by Saraswati, they ate the Fong mashed taters...they ate it all. It was great. We didn't fuck up the biggest meal of the year, and people had a good time. We made pilgrim hats and indian headresses too. We are so not PC.

The second one was a bit of a letdown, i must say. Usually we entertain 30 or more people, upwards of 46, depending on the year and who's around. This year the numbers were cut drastically. People were sick, hurt, or just away. It was small, uneventful. The yearly gathering of both sides of my family turned out to be thoroughly one sided affair. Still, there was cheer, beer, football, and enough food to choke a Tzar. It was awesome, if a bit of a downer.

So now it is the early morning, the late night, where dead men get up to fight. My brother plays GTA, which has consumed my life, but is taking over his a bit now. I think of the day ahead. This will be the first day in a long time that i do not have anything overt to do. I just want to get up, get my hair cut, and give my good friend john a call, and do something stupidly relaxing. See a movie, drink some, hang out. Just have a good time. He needs it, and I do too.

Life is a wonderful thing, and so is food. Eat while you can, because it is all too soon that we are all chewing on the same thing: dirt.

peace love and happiness

-ccm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home